Friday, June 13, 2008

My Past Work

I started the idea of this business around May of 06 after having a boss during my internship that I was not too happy with. I thought to myself that I did not want to work for someone else and would much rather be my own boss. So I started doing projects for friends and family and a few clients. I put it on the back burner while I went through personal stuff and actually found a job that I am very happy with. And haven't advertised like I should because 1 part laziness, 1 part busyness (is that a contridiction?) and 1 part because of my shyness (no one believes that I am shy)
So this is my first start... A blog to show the world (at least the internet world) my work.
Well here it is, please let me know what you think good, bad or indifferent!


Yee-HAW
This is my very first project and believe it or not it was an actual paying customer! It was a cowboy themed room. The bottom half is painted in red to look like a bandana with a real rope dividing the top half, which is a linen weave faux finish.
One wall had a mural painted (which my very first) and if I don't say so myself looked Awesome. I added details to the hat, fence, cactus and boots.
I also add white fluffy clouds to the ceiling. This job to 28 hours to complete. Enjoy!mural 2
bandana and window
cactus detail
fence detail

RUBBER DUCKIE
My next prjoct was a friends Bathroom. It is pretty Self Explanitory and took 4 hours.
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

Bored or BoardThis next project was another paying customer, who wanted a beach inspired bathroom. This project to 17 hours.Photobucket
My personal favorite is the peep-hole...
Photobucket
and the seagul you can see wayyyyyyy in the back of the picture near the door.
Photobucket

GAMER-AHOLIC
This next room I did for my younger teenage brother. He is one of those creatures that plays only video games. I painted three of the walls gray and the head board wall red. I painted what I call a "heart beat" line across the middle with a graffiti inspired tag. The heart beat line even went through the doors.
This project took between 10-12 hours to complete.
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

I have a very wild, bright and colorful style and have a good friend whose style matched mine. So, I was able to paint a lot of things in her first house. She helped me with my portfolio and I helped her with free labor.
NICKELODEONThis room is my nickelodeon inspired room. This was for her 3 boys, who wanted something fun and colorfull and I think I gave them just what they were looking for...at the end of the 3 blobs we ended up painting each of the boys name, so each boy got its own blob.Photobucket
Photobucket

EASTER
EGG
This next room was for her 2 girls and we called it the easter egg. The room had polka dots over various sizes all the head board wall with a larger circle and their names where the head board goes in the center. And alternating stripes on the rest of the walls. Photobucket
girls

GONE
WILD
In the master bedroom I painted zebra stripes on the doors and I think it looks "WILD"Photobucket
Photobucket
COCA COLAMy friend has everything coca cola for her kitchen and wanted something to go along with that theme. I painted alternating squares to look like tiles with grout because they couldn't afford to have real tiles. Here is a picture before the appliances and face plates were back in...Photobucket

No comments: